Monday 21 October 2013

The Freedman Chair, a better way to sit - A hit on Kickstarter


Just under £100,000 pledged in the first 3 days on Kickstarter!

Kickstarter is a new way to fund creative projects. Each project is independently initiated. Project creators set a funding goal and deadline. If people like it they can pledge money to make the project happen. Projects must then reach their funding goal to go ahead.



Created by osteopath and inventor Simon Freedman and engineered by JNDC Ltd; this is the only chair in the world designed to maintain your standing posture.

Simon's Story:

I'm an osteopath and inventor who set out to find a solution for my patient's problems and make a chair that was comfortable. I've been lucky enough to gather a fantastic team to help me along the way.

More and more patients were coming in to see me with aches and pains associated with sitting and I just couldn't find a chair that helped. I began to think that there must be something wrong with sitting itself, so I immersed myself in the subject. My research led me to the conclusion - we are just not meant to sit. It's a theory that's really hitting the press at the moment. I've been working on a solution for my patients of 18 years and I believe my chair will solve a lot of people's problems.

I set out to make a chair that helps the spine and pelvis achieve the same position in the sitting as when standing. I've devoted 26 years, as an osteopath, to looking after people and solving their problems. I know it probably sounds a a bit naive, but I really do want to make a difference to people's lives. I believe that The Freedman Chair will make you more comfortable, healthier and fitter than any other chair. It may even save your life.


Click the link below to see how the project is progressing :
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/929020713/the-freedman-chair-a-better-way-to-sit?ref=category

Engineering Design Consultants:
http://www.jndc.co.uk/











No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.